Do you charge for your services?

Yes, we have a sliding fee scale. 

Who is eligible for services at Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services?    

Adults and legally emancipated minors who have a mental illness. 

Do you accept Medicaid and Medicare?    


How do I apply for services?    

Individuals requesting services should come to the Psychiatric Ambulatory Service (PAS) Department at the Dini-Townsend Hospital between the hours of 8:00 AM     and 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday.  

What kind of services are offered at NNAMHS?

NNAMHS offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. In addition to the inpatient hospital, outpatient psychiatric services, outpatient counseling, residential support, Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT), Mental Health Court, Service Coordination, and a consumer drop-in center. 

I have a court order for a one-time only psychiatric evaluation, can I get this done at NNAMHS?  

No, NNAMHS does not provide one-time court ordered evaluations.

I was told NNAMHS would fill my prescription for me for free? 

No, NNAMHS cannot fill requests for prescriptions from outside providers. 

I have private health insurance. Can I still get services at NNAMHS?

We encourage individuals with insurance to get services at the preferred providers for their insurance plan. NNAMHS bills private insurance but will also bill individuals for co-payment. NNAMHS' primary mission is to serve people who cannot pay for services and have no insurance.


Quick Contact

Behavioral Health
Phone: 775-684-5943
Fax: 775-684-5964